Burgerville’s dedication to quality ingredients and transparency have us taking a new look at animal welfare standards for broiler chickens.
By 2024, we will require our chicken suppliers to do the following for 100% of our products:
- Transition to breeds of birds approved by Global Animal Partnership (GAP) based on measurably improved outcomes.
- Reduce stocking density to a maximum of 6 pounds/square foot (per GAP standards) and prohibiting broiler cages.
- Provide birds enriched environments including litter, lighting, and enrichments that meet GAP’s new standards.
- Process chickens in a manner that avoids pre-stun handling and instead utilizes a multi-step controlled atmosphere processing system that induces an irreversible stun.
- Demonstrate compliance with the above standards via third party auditing.